Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Kristen and Horses





I thought that today I would share some pictures of Kristen during her horseback riding lessons. She has been doing horseback riding since August and she loves it! It is neat to watch your child do something that they truly love from their heart. This is the way Kristen is when she rides -- I can see the passion in her eyes. Papa Hoyt got to come watch her ride just a few weeks before he passed away and even he was amazed at how comfortable and confident she looked on the horse. She has done a few small jumps in her lessons. One of the first times I watched her jump, she almost fell off. It really scared me and I was afraid that it would have frightened Kristen -- she is not a daredevil at all, she doesn't like any kind of fast, scary rides at amusement parks, etc. But, the near fall didn't seem to bother her. She just got back where she needed to be and tried again. After, her lesson that day, I asked her about almost falling and she said, "Yeah, I was a little sacared," but that was it. The pictures were taken in the fall and the horses name is Biscuit. She is now riding a bigger horse named William.

2 comments:

no_average_girl said...

aww, these are great! i'm so glad you got your comments section fixed...i can now leave comments!!!! :-)

Hannah said...

Thanks for your help :-). I'll have more questions soon!