Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Fall Update
















It is finally beginning to feel a little like fall here in the South. Cool mornings and evenings are nice, but the days are still pretty warm! I love fall and the cooler weather. I love to cook during this time of year too. I am trying to find/create a good, healthy pumpkin muffin recipe. I love pumpkin bread in the fall and I have a very yummy recipe from mom, but it isn't so healthy :-). So, I am in search of a recipe that is not only healthy, but yummy too.

We had our County Fair last weekend and the girls did very well with all of their entries. They placed in almost every category that they entered. Hannah was really excited to win one first and one second place in the photography categories because there were so many entries! Kristen worked very hard on a latchook project and finished it just in time to enter it on Thursday. She won first place on that project as well. Will entered two items, but he didn't place. He was a little sad, but it was a good learning experience. I am going to try to work with him a little harder next year to have something nice to enter. It is a lot harder to find craft projects for a boy than it is for the girls.

Next week the kids will be going camping with Mammaw and Pappaw. They are very excited. Billy and I and the kids will camp over the weekend. Yay!!! It should be lots of fun! Our spring camping trip got cut short because of the chicken pox so we hope this one goes a little better :-).

1 comment:

Hannah said...

haha, i cant wait to go camping eather!! *sigh*