Sunday, August 19, 2007

Redeeming the Time

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Eph 5:15-17
See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
(KJV)

One of my goals for this school year is to make better use of my time. I find the above verse very convicting! So often we quote only vs. 16 about redeeming the time, but in order to do that, we have to (vs. 15) be wise and (vs. 17) understand what the will of the Lord is. There are so many GOOD things that I can do to fill my time, but are they the BEST use of my time. So often, people wonder about what the will of the Lord is for them. I am so thankful that I have a perfect Word of God where I can find and know what God's will is for me. I know that a lot of what the will of the Lord is for me as a wife and mother is found in Titus 2. I am very good at filling up my time, but I want to make sure that it is truly what is BEST. I want to teach my children with words and with actions about what is really important in this life. I want to teach them that relationships are much more important than things and being entertained. I want to teach and train my daughters about being "at home". I want to teach my son what it means to be a godly man. I want to spend time in the Word of God myself so that I have something to give those around me. I want to be a help meet to Billy. I pray that the Lord will help me to be wise and redeem the time!

Here is our school schedule. I mainly make my schedule for me each year -- I like to see it all written down on paper. I am not real strict that we follow the times each day, but it does give us a goal and an order to do things. It definitely helps me to redeem my time!

8:00 Get up and Make Bed
8:30 Breakfast and Load Dishes
9:00 Bible--M/W together; T/TH personal
9:30 History
10:00 Mom/Will -- Reading; Hannah/Kristen -- Math
11:00 Mom/Will -- Math; Hannah/Kristen -- Reading/LLATL/spelling/EG
11:30 Mom -- Start lunch
12:30 Lunch/Clean up/Extra Chores
1:30 Kristen/Will -- Science; Hannah -- Finish school
2:00 Science with Hannah; Kristen -- Finish school/Drawing
2:30 Mom -- Check school work!!!!!!
3:00 Cleaning chore
3:30 Coffee/Bible Study

No comments: